DEKRA Insight to Present at 10th World Congress of Chemical Engineering
Oxnard, CA – September 20, 2017 – DEKRA Insight, a global leader in safety at work, will be presenting five different topics at the 10th World Congress of Chemical Engineering on October 1-5, 2017 in Barcelona, Spain.
The Congress will be held in October 1st – 5th , 2017, coinciding with Expoquimia (Chemical Industry Exhibition held each three years in Spain), in FIRA of Barcelona, Spain. This group of events is a consortium of researchers and specialists in practically all areas of chemical engineering focused on the development of innovative processes that will be vital for the industry of tomorrow.
DEKRA Insight is presenting a range of sessions at the Congress under the umbrella of Beyond PSM: Leadership, Human Factor, Competence, SIF Exposure Rate & Lessons Learned. The Process Safety team will be presenting the following topics:
- The Impact of Cognitive Bias on Process Safety Outcomes
- Implementing a Serious Injury and Fatality Exposure Rate in the Chemical Industry
- Leadership’s Role in Catastrophic Incident Prevention: Developing Influence Through the Principals of High Reliability Safety
- Lessons Learnt from Recent Incident Investigations Initiated by Unusual Causes: Boil-over, Shockwave, Electrostatic Sources
- Turning Training Into Competency Through Expertise, Technology and Modern Pedagogy
Additionally, DEKRA Insight will have a stand at the co-exhibition Expoquimia presenting solutions in the area of process safety and environmental services. The DEKRA Insight stand will be located in pavillion 2, street D, stand 273.
About DEKRA Insight
As the global leader in safety at work, DEKRA Insight is a consultant and partner to many of the world’s largest chemical, oil and gas, transportation, utilities, pharmaceutical, and agriculture companies. With a passionate, scientific approach to transforming safety, our clients mitigate risk to their employees, assets, and reputation in a quantifiable manner—and in the process, enhance business performance.
DEKRA Insight is a service unit of DEKRA S.E., a global leader in safety since 1925 with over 35,000 employees.